Today we have brought Super Hit Old Hindi Movies List 1960 from the golden era of Bollywood.
The 1960s is considered to be an important part of Bollywood’s golden history.This is the year when the biggest and best movie “Mughal-E-Azam” of Bollywood history was released. At the same time, there were some other films that left memories in the audience. So let’s just highlight those golden memories today.
Here Is The Old Hindi Movies List 1960
1. Mughal-e-Azam Iconic Film In Old Hindi Movies List 1960
- Actors / Actress: Prithvi Raj Kapoor, Dilip Kumar, Madhubala, Durga Khote
- Director: K. Asif
- Producer: Shapoorji Pallonji
- Music: Naushad
- Songs: Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya, Zindabad Zindabad, Mohe Panghat Pe, Teri Mehfil Mein
- Budget & Collection: Mughal-E-Azam made in the huge budget of Rs 1.5 crores and it collected whopping 5.50 Crores at the box office.
- Information: This movie proved to be a milestone for the Bollywood film industry. Directed by K.Asif, the film was one of the most expensive films of that time that was made in 4 years.This film was a periodical film based on Emperor Akbar and his son Salim. In the film, the role of Emperor Akbar was played by Prithviraj Kapoor, while his son’s character played by Dilip Kumar. Madhubala was seen as Anarkali. Music was given by Naushad. This movie is one of the highest grossing movies of all time. Mughal E Azam won the National Film Awards and 3 Filmfare Awards.
2. Chaudhvin Ka Chand Guru Dutt’s Classic In Old Hindi Movies List 1960
- Actors / Actress: Guru Dutt, Waheeda Rehman, Rehman, Minoo Mumtaz, Johny Walker, Mumtaz Begum, Noor Jehan
- Director: Mohammed Sadiq
- Producer: Guru Dutt
- Music: Ravi
- Songs: Chaudhvin Ka Chand Ho, Badle Badle Mere Sarkar Nazar Aate Hain, Mili Khak Main Mohabbat
- Box Office Collection: The film was a big commercial success for Guru Dutt and it collected Rs 1.2 crores at the box office.
- Information: It was a tremendous musical film. The title song of this movie is still liked by people.One of the greatest actors of Bollywood “Guru Dutt” has played the lead role in this movie. Legendary Bollywood actress Waheeda Rehman played the role of Guru Dutt’s wife in this film.
3. Barsaat Ki Raat
- Actors / Actress: Bharat Bhushan, Madhubala, Mumtaz Begum, Shyama
- Director: P. L. Santoshi
- Producer: R. Chandra
- Music: Roshan
- Songs: Zindagi Bhar Nahi Bhoolegi Woh Barsaat Ki Raat, Garjat Barsat Sawan Aayo Re
- Box Office Collection: Barsaat Ki Raat emerged as a super hit and it collected Rs 1.70 crores at the domestic box office.
- Information: This film was another classic film adorned by Madhubala’s acting and beauty. Veteran actor Bharat Bhushan was also seen in the film along with Madhubala. This film was a love story and it emerged to be a huge hit on Bollywood. Music was composed by Roshan.
4. Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai National Award Winner In Old Hindi Movies List 1960
- Actors / Actress: Raj Kapoor, Padmini, Pran, Lalita Pawar
- Director: Radhu Karmakar
- Producer: Raj Kapoor
- Music: Shankar Jaikishan
- Songs: Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai, Aa Ab Laut Chalen, Begaane Shaadi Mein Abdullah Diwana
- Information: This film was one of the best film produced by Raj Kapoor. The movie won the National Award and Filmfare award for the Best Film. Raj Kapoor earned Filmfare Best Actor Award. The movie was directed by Radhu Karmakar and music composed by Shankar Jaikishan. This film had a great success at the box office.
5. Dil Apna Aur Preet Parai Musical Paradise In Old Hindi Movies List 1960
- Actors / Actress: Raaj Kumar, Meena Kumari, Nadira, Helen, Om Prakash
- Director: Kishore Sahu
- Producer: Kamal Amrohi
- Music: Shankar Jaikishan
- Songs: Ajeeb Dastan Hai Yeh, Jane Kahan Gai, Sheesha-E-Dil Itna Na Uchhalo
- Information: This Movie defeated iconic Mughal E Azam in Filmfare Music Awards. Shankar Jaikishan won Filmfare Best Music Director awards for his historical composition “Ajeeb Dastan Hai Yeh”. Meena Kumari played a nurse in this film. It is considered one of the finest films of her career.
- Actors / Actress: Raj Kapoor, Nutan, Pran, Rehman, Shobhna Samarth
- Director: Manmohan Desai
- Producer: Subhash Desai
- Music: Kalyanji Anandji
- Songs: Dum Dum Diga Diga, Chhalia Mera Naam, Baje Payal Chhun Chhun
- Information: Directed by veteran director Manmohan Desai, this movie proved to be a huge hit that year. Raj Kapoor and Nutan’s pair were seen together on the big screen in this film. The music of this film was a significant part of its success.
- Actors / Actress: Dilip Kumar, Meena Kumari, Nazir Kashmiri, Jeevan, Mukri, Tun Tun, Leela Chitnis
- Director: S U Sunny
- Producer: Dr. V N Sinha
- Music: Naushad
- Songs: Madhuban Mein Radhika Nache Re, Dhal Chuki Sham-E-Gham, Dil Mein Baji Pyar Ki Shehnaiyan
- Information: It was Dilip Kumar(Another Is Mughal-E-Azam) and Meena Kumari(Another Is Dil Apna Aur Preet Parai) second successful film, released in the year of 1960. The song “Madhuban Mein Radhika Nache Re” considered as a spectacular specimen of classical music. This was one of the top 10 grosser of the year 1960.
8. Kala Bazar Magic Of Rafi and S.D.Burman In Old Hindi Movies 1960
- Actors / Actress: Dev Anand, Waheeda Rehman, Nanda, Helen, Madan Puri, Vijay Anand,
Chetan Anand, Leela Chitnis
- Director: Vijay Anand
- Producer: Navketan Films
- Music: S.D.Burman
- Songs: Khoya Khoya Chand Khula Aasman, Rimjhim Ke Tarane Leke, Sambhalo Sambhalo Apna Dil Dilwalon
- Information: One of the biggest hit of the year 1960. This movie is considered in Navketan’s top 10 films. Superstar’s like Dilip Kumar, Raaj Kumar, Nargis, Guru Dutt, Rajendra Kumar was seen in the guest appearance.
9. Dil Bhi Tera Hum Bhi Tere Dharmendra’s Debut In Old Hindi Movies List 1960
- Actors / Actress: Balraj Sahani, Dharmendra, Usha Kiran, Kumkum, Hari Shivdasani, Nazir Kashmiri
- Director: Arjun Hingorani
- Producer: Bihari Masand, Kanwar Kala Mandir
- Music: Kalyanji Anandji
- Songs: Ankhon Mein Tujhko Chhupake Sanam, Mujhko Is Raat Ki Tanhai Mein, Ha Bura Kiya Hai Huzoor Maine, Jitni Dil Ki Baat Chhupai, Sambhalo Dil Zara O Mister, Ek Do Dus Upar Se Aai Bus
- Information: This was the debut film of Bollywood’s He-man “Dharmendra”. The movie did an average business but Dharmendra’s performance acclaimed by critics and audiences.
10. Ghunghat Super Hit In Old Hindi Movies List 1960
- Actors / Actress: Bharat Bhushan, Bina Rai, Asha Parekh, Pradeep Kumar, Agha, Rajendra Nath,
Helen, Leela Chitnis, Rehman
- Director: Ramanand Sagar
- Producer: Gemini Studios
- Music: Ravi
- Songs: Gori Ghunghat Mein, More Chham Chham Baaje Payeliya, Laage Na More Jiya, Meri Pat Rakho Girdhari
- Information: The movie emerged as a super hit at the box office and one of the highest earning Hindi movie of the year 1960. Bina Rai received the Filmfare nomination for Best Actress. The movie based on a Bengali story “Noukadubi” written by Rabindranath Tagore.
11. Bombai Ka Babu
- Actors / Actress: Dev Anand, Suchitra Sen, Achala Sachdev, Nazir Hussain, Manohar Deepak, Jagdish Raj, Tun Tun
- Director: Raj Khosla
- Producer: Raj Khosla, Jal Mistry
- Music: S. D. Burman
- Songs: Chal Ri Sajni Ab Kya Soche, Deewaana Mastaana Hua Dil, Dekhne Mein Bhola Hai Dil Ka Salona
- Information: This suspense thriller film is considered as a musical masterpiece. Lyrics were written by Majrooh Sultanpuri.
12. Love in Simla
- Actors / Actress: Joy Mukherjee, Sadhana, Azra, Shobhna Samarth, Kishore Sahu, Durga Khote, Vijayalaxmi
- Director: R. K. Nayyar
- Producer: Sashadhar Mukherjee
- Music: Iqbal Qureshi
- Songs: Dar Pe Aaye Hain, Alif Zabar Aaa Alif Zer Ae, Husnwale Wafa Nahi Karte, A Be Baby A A Ji, Dil Tham Chale Hum Aaj Kidhar
- Information: Veteran actress Sadhana made her Bollywood debut in this film. This film was a big commercial success and emerged as the fifth highest grosser film of the year. Lyrics were written by Rajendra Krishan.
13. Shriman Satyawadi
- Actors / Actress: Raj Kapoor, Shakila, Mehmood, Radhakrishnan, Nasir Hussain, Raja Nene, Sushil Kumar
- Director: S. M. Abbas
- Producer: Mahipatray Shah
- Music: Dattaram
- Songs: Rut Albeli Mast Sama, Ek Baat Kahoon Vallah, Ae Dil Dekhe Hai Humne, Rang Rangili Botal Ka
- Information: The film was not a big hit but it did average business. Lyrics were written by Hasrat Jaipuri, Gulzar, Gulshan Bawra.
Well, in the year 1960 a lot of films were released, but these films were from them which made history.